Ways to Bring Your Family To New Zealand

It is possible to bring your family to New Zealand while you are studying on a student visa.

In most instances, a student's spouse and dependent children can apply for and receive a visa for the same duration as the student's visa. The type of visa they are granted - visitor, student, or work - will depend on the specific tertiary course of study pursued.

If the student's partner is granted an Open Work Visa, they will be authorised to work full-time in New Zealand.

School-aged children may be eligible to attend primary, intermediate, or secondary school as domestic students, depending on the chosen tertiary course. Alternatively, they may be required to pay international student fees. Please contact us to ensure that the appropriate tertiary course is selected and that your family is granted the correct visa options.